With the theme of ‘Navigating the Path Forward’, the 2nd Honolulu Education Conference encourages academics, educators, researchers, administrators and other professionals from around the world to submit abstracts (no more than 250 words) on topics related to education of research done, or proposed research. We welcome the following types of submissions:
- Research Papers – Completed research papers on any topic relating to education.
- Student Papers – Completed papers or case studies on any topic relating to education.
- Case Studies/Reports – Case studies or reports on any topic relating to education.
- Discussion Papers – Research or ideas for future research in order to generate discussion and feedback in any of the topic areas listed above, or related areas.
Deadline for proposals of 250 words in English: Sunday, 17th December 2023
- Abstracts must be less than 250 words in English and sent via our online submission system.
- Submissions should include a university or institution personal email address.
- The lingua franca of submissions, papers and presentations is English.
- Only authors listed on the submission may give the presentation.
- A maximum of (2) submissions is permitted per author.
- Authors may gave up to (2) presentations, provided both have been registered.
- Abstracts derived from plagiarized or copyrighted research will be rejected.
- The review committee does not correct grammar, spelling or usage errors.
- We encourage work that introduces new ideas and conceptualizations, research and understandings to the field, as well as analysis of both success and failure.
All submissions are graded using a double blind, peer review process. The abstract is scored using a rubric that assessed areas such as originality, clarity/organization, spelling/grammar and suitability for the event. Depending on the volume of submissions received at any given time, it may take several weeks to complete a review and send a decision.
* Please note that all submissions must be sent from a university or institution registered email address. Submission and registration accounts cannot be created using personal email accounts (i.e. gmail, yahoo, hotmail, etc.). Failure to adhere to this policy will result in the submission and/or registration application being removed from the conference system.
If you have questions regarding the Peer Review or its policies, please contact:
HEC2024.Secretariat (@) intesda.org
Oral presenters are generally arranged in parallel sessions consisting of 2 to 5 or more presenters depending on the panel theme and length. Panelists are allotted 20 to 25 minutes of presentation time depending on the number of presenters. Computers, projectors and screens will be provided in each presentation room. Please note that the Program Committee assigns presenters to panels and time slots.
Posters must be size A0 (A Zero). Common dimensions for posters are A0 47 x 33 inches (118cm x 84cm). No audiovisual equipment is permitted for poster presentations. Poster presenters are responsible for printing and preparing the poster in advance of the conference. The organizers cannot and will not print posters for presenters.
In our effort to assist participants with accepted proposals who are unable to attend due to travel problems, a schedule conflict, illness, etc., we have a limited number of virtual panel time slots available. The virtual presentations are screened to the participants during the poster session or during recess periods.
Guidelines and instructions will be sent by the organizing committee on a case-by-case basis. Virtual presenters will receive a certificate of presentation in PDF only and will be listed in the proceedings as a virtual presenter. If you have a proposal that has been accepted, but are unable to attend, kindly contact the secretariat.
Organizing Your Own Panel
If you would like to organize your own panel of presenters, please contact the Secretariat. Panel requests must be received at least two weeks before the submission deadline. The panel should have at least 3 to 5 members (including the leader) and the names of all the panel members must appear in the abstract proposal.
Please note that only the abstracts undergo a peer-review and that full papers are not peer-reviewed. The Proceedings are not peer-reviewed, only the abstract review for participation in this event. The Proceedings will be available shortly after the conclusion of the event.
Full Papers & Template
Full Papers are not peer-reviewed nor required; however, if you would like to submit a paper it must be less than 2500 words and sent in Word format (PDF is not accepted) with a maximum file size of 1.5 MB by the deadline. Correct spelling, grammar and punctuation is the responsibility of the author. Use of the Full Paper Template is absolutely required. Papers submitted differently will be rejected.