The middle of July tends to be warm and breezy with sunny days. We suggest bringing a hat with a brim. In Hiroshima, July is a tropical summer month, with an average temperature fluctuating between 30.8°C (87.4°F) and 23.8°C (74.8°F).
During the event sessions, the expected dress code is business casual.
SHINE 2023 is now closed.
SHINE 2023 is now closed.
Hiroshima Airport serves both international and domestic flights, and is an accessible route for participants traveling via Tokyo Narita Airport (NRT) or Osaka Kansai International Airport (KIX).
Limousine buses from Hiroshima Airport to the Hiroshima City
- Bus service from Hiroshima Airport to the city center depart every 15 minutes. It takes approximately 50 minutes and costs JPY 1450; or you can pay 2,900yen (both ways; ticket valid for 7 days). The bus has two destination options: (1) the Hiroshima Bus Terminal in the center of the city, and (2) Hiroshima Train Station, also in the center of the city. Streetcar service from both locations will reach most hotels around the city. Alternatively, you may opt to take a taxi.
- The conference does not provide transportation services to and from the airport. Airport shuttle services or taxis are readily available outside of the airport.
Shinkansen (bullet train) Service from Tokyo and Osaka
- Shinkansen trains depart from Tokyo Station and Shinagawa Station every 15 to 20 minutes. The distance from Tokyo to Hiroshima is 894km or 559 miles, and will take approximately 4 hours. The train fare depends on the type of ticket and train service. For more information, please click here
- Shinkansen trains depart from Shin-Osaka Station every 15 to 20 minutes. The distance from Shin-Osaka to Hiroshima is 342km or 212 miles, and will take approximately 1hr, 45 minutes. The train fare depends on the type of ticket and train service. For more information, please click here
According to the Japan Ministry of Foreign Affairs, as of 2022, passport holders from (67) countries have visa exemptions for entering Japan, and do not need to apply for a visa with an invitation letter.
If you are from a country without a visa exemption, then you will need an invitation letter when applying for visa permission to travel to Japan, which can be prepared for registered presenters and audience on a case-by-case basis by the event organizer. If you are unsure, please contact the Embassy or Consulate of Japan nearest you for travel requirements.
- Do you offer scholarships, funding or waivers to participants?
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer scholarships or funding for this event. This is an online and the budget is very limited.
- Can the registration fee be waived or reduced? The registration fee is necessary for covering the event costs, so the fee cannot be waived nor reduced.