Schedule, Deadlines & Help
Welcome to the 4th Asian Symposium on Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH 2019), which will be held on Saturday and Sunday, March 23-24, 2019 at the Mitsui Garden Hotel in Hiroshima, Japan. WASH 2019 is being held in partnership with the 4th Conference on Sustainable Business, Energy and Development in Asia (COSDA 2019) the 5th International Conference on Advancing the Life Sciences and Public Health Awareness (ALPHA 2019).
This is a small, international, peer-reviewed conference with a limited number of oral and poster presentation time slots. We encourage all interested participants to submit presentations as early as possible. Please note that submissions and registration will close when the event has reached its capacity.
|Saturday, March 23, 2019
||Sunday, March 24, 2019
|09:00 to 09:30
Mitsui Garden, 3F
|09:00 to 09:30
Mitsui Garden, 3F
|09:30 to 10:00
|09:30 to 10:45
|11:00 to 13:00
Welcome Lunch Reception (Free)
|Optional Package Tour
World Heritage Sites
Peace Park & Miyajima
|13:00 to 16:45
| 11:30 a.m. to 16:30
6800 JPY per person
||will be held
||March 23-24, 2019|
|Final Submissions||are due by
||Friday, March 8, 2019
|Decisions||will be sent||within two weeks*|
|Schedule & Agenda||will be posted after||Friday, March 1, 2019
|Final Registration||for all presenters is
||Friday, March 15, 2019
|Full Paper (optional)||must be received by||Friday, March 15, 2019|
Join us for an opportunity to catch up and mingle with fellow participants in a warm and relaxing atmosphere. The reception will serve a variety of Japanese, western and vegetarian courses. This event is open to registrants only.
Date: Saturday, March 23, 2019
Time: 14:00 to 15:00
Location: Mitsui Garden Hotel, 3F Hakuho Ballroom
Cost for Registrants: Free for Registered Participants
- Hotel Accommodation
- Illness & Emergencies
- Meals & Receptions
- Presentations & Equipment
- Registration, Receipts & Certificates
- Scholarships & Funding
- Submissions, Review & Proceedings
- Visas & Invitation Letters
Hotel Accommodation [back to top of questions]
- Does the registration fee include hotel accommodation and meals?
No. Hotel accommodation, arranging reservations, meals and other travel matters are the responsibility of the participant.
- What other hotels are nearest to the Mitsui Garden Hotel Hiroshima?
The nearest hotels are the Crowne Plaza Hotel, the Heiwa-odori Toyoko Inn and the Oriental Hotel.
Illness & Emergencies [back to top of questions]
- What if I am suddenly unable to attend after registering?
Contact the secretariat immediately to change to virtual presentation mode.
- If I am unable to present, may my colleague present on my behalf?
Only if your colleague is a co-presenter and listed on the original submission.
Meals & Receptions [back to top of questions]
- Will the event have coffee breaks?
Yes. Tea, coffee, ice water and snacks will be provided. See the program schedule for deals.
- Will there be a welcome reception?
Yes. There will be a welcome reception on the first day of the event.
- May I bring a friend or family member to the reception?
No. The reception is part of the event. It is for registered participants only.
Presentations & Equipment [back to top of questions]
- How much time is given for oral presentations?
Oral presenters are allotted 20 to 25 minutes and arranged in parallel sessions of 3 to 5 presenters.
- What equipment is provided for oral presentations?
Computers, projectors, laser pointers and screens will be provided in each presentation room. Tech support is available.
- What equipment is provided for poster presentations?
Posters should be A0 47 x 33 inches (118cm x 84cm).
Registration, Receipts and Certificates [back to top of questions]
- Does my registration payment include fees for co-authors also attending?
No. If your co-author will present with you, then he/she must register separately as a presenter.
- What does the registration fee include?
Entrance to all sessions, official program, name badge, coffee breaks and access to the proceedings.
- Does the registration fee include fees for travel expenses, hotel expenses, or sightseeing?
No. Such expenses are your responsibility.
- What is the refund policy?
Requests must be submitted by Friday, February 15, 2019.
- How can I receive a receipt for my registration payment?
Registrants will be confirmed via email and receive a hard copy receipt onsite.
- Will presenters and audience receive official certification of having attended and/or presented?
Yes. The official receipt that you receive at the event will also certify that you presented and attended.
- May family members and friends attend for free? No. Due to security, only registrants may attend. Also, no children are allowed.
Scholarships & Funding [back to top of questions]
- Do you offer scholarships, funding or waivers to participants?
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer scholarships or funding. This is a small event and the budget is very limited. We hope this situation will change in the future.
- Can the registration fee be waived or reduced? The registration fee is necessary for covering the event costs, so the fee cannot be waived nor reduced; however, we do offer a virtual presentation option (contact us for details).
Submissions, Reviews & Proceedings [back to top of questions]
- Why must I provide my email address at my university to submit a proposal?
The university registered email address is required for verification and security purposes. Submissions sent from Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail and other private email accounts will be rejected.
- How are abstract submissions reviewed?
All submissions are graded using a double blind, peer review process. The abstract is scored using a rubric that assessed areas such as originality, clarity/organization, spelling/grammar and suitability for the event.
- When will I be notified if my proposal has been rejected or accepted? Depending on the volume of submissions received, we try to send decisions within a few weeks of receiving the submission.
- Is it required to submit a full paper?
No. If you would like to submit a paper, please review the Submission Guidelines.
- May I edit my proposal after submission?
Yes. Edits will be permitted up to 1 month prior to the event.
- When will the proceedings be available?
Shortly after the event in electronic format. We will send you a link.
Visas & Invitation Letters [back to top of questions]
- How can I know if I need a visa for travel?
Contact the nearest Embassy or Consulate of Japan for details.
- What visa support is provided by the organizers?
There are two types of invitation letters: a PDF acceptance letter with an invitation to present, which the organizers provide free-of-charge to all accepted proposals; the second type is a formal invitation letter for travel, which will be provided for free on a case-by-case basis to confirmed registrants only. Formal hard copy invitation letters mailed by express mail service are 15,000 JPY.
- What if my visa application is rejected?
All decisions by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs are final. We cannot and will not assist you if your travel application is rejected.
- What if I need a letter of guarantee? Contact the Embassy or Consulate of Japan nearest you for travel requirements. Please note that registering for the event does not oblige the organizers to provide visa support. The organizers cannot and will not provide guarantee letters to anyone. If you need a guarantee letter to support your travel documents, we suggest that you ask your university or government for support.
For all other questions and inquiries, please send an email to secretariat (at) intesda.org