Schedule, Deadlines & Help
Welcome to the 2nd International Conference on ICT for Human Development (ICT4HD 2019) to be held Saturday and Sunday, March 23-24, 2019 at the Mitsui Garden Hotel in Hiroshima, Japan. ICT4HD 2019 is being jointly organized with the 5th International Conference on Advancing the Life Sciences and Public Health Awareness (ALPHA 2019).
ICT4HD 2019 will be held in late March, when the cherry blossoms will be in full bloom. It is also an excellent season for travel in Hiroshima with comfortable weather and ideal for visiting sites around Hiroshima, including its two UNESCO World Heritage Sites: Peace Park and the Shrine Island of Miyajima (Itsukushima).
|Saturday, March 23, 2019
||Sunday, March 24, 2019
|12:30 to 13:00
|09:30 to 10:00
|13:00 to 14:00
Opening & Featured Speaker
|10:00 to 11:45
|14:00 to 15:00
|11:45 to 12:00
|15:00 to 18:00
||will be held
||March 23-24, 2019|
|Submissions||are due by
||Friday, January 25, 2019
|Decisions||will be sent||within two weeks*|
||will open on||Monday, January 28, 2019|
|Early Registration||is available until||Friday, February 1, 2019
|Schedule & Agenda||will be posted after||Friday, March 1, 2019
|Final Registration||for all presenters is
||Friday, March 15, 2019
|Full Paper (optional)||must be received by||Friday, March 15, 2019|
The Program Schedule will be available after Friday, March 1, 2019. Only confirmed participants will be included in the schedule.
- Hotel Accommodation
- Illness & Emergencies
- Meals & Receptions
- Presentations & Equipment
- Registration, Receipts & Certificates
- Scholarships & Funding
- Submissions, Review & Proceedings
- Visas & Invitation Letters
Hotel Accommodation [back to top of questions]
- Can you help us find hotel rooms? Yes. We can provide assistance. Please contact us.
- Does the registration fee include hotel accommodation and meals?
No. Hotel accommodation, arranging reservations, meals and other travel matters are the responsibility of the participant.
- Can you recommend hotels near the Hiroshima Mitsui Garden Hotel? The Mitsui Garden is in the heart of downtown Hiroshima City, near Peace Park, with dozens of hotels nearby. Please check one of the many online hotel booking sites or consult a travel agency to advise you.
Illness & Emergencies [back to top of questions]
- What if I am suddenly unable to attend after registering?
Contact the Secretariat immediately and we may offer you the option of switching to virtual presentation mode.
- If I am unable to present, may my colleague present on my behalf?
Only if your colleague is a co-presenter and listed on the original submission.
Meals & Receptions [back to top of questions]
- Will the event have coffee breaks?
Yes. Tea, coffee, ice water and snacks will be provided. See the program schedule for deals.
- Will there be a welcome reception?
Yes. There will be a welcome reception on the first day of the event.
- May I bring a friend or family member to the reception?
No. The reception is part of the event. It is for registered participants only.
Presentations & Equipment [back to top of questions]
- How much time is given for oral presentations?
Oral presenters are allotted 20 minutes and arranged in parallel sessions of 3 to 5 presenters.
- What equipment is provided for oral presentations?
Computers, projectors, laser pointers and screens will be provided in each presentation room. Tech support is available.
- What equipment is provided for poster presentations?
Posters should be A0 47 x 33 inches (118cm x 84cm).
Registration, Receipts and Certificates [back to top of questions]
- Does my registration payment include fees for co-authors also attending?
No. If your co-author will present with you, then he/she must register separately as a presenter.
- What does the registration fee include?
Entrance to all sessions, official program, name badge, coffee breaks and access to the proceedings.
- Does the registration fee include fees for travel expenses, hotel expenses, or daily meals?
No. Such expenses are your responsibility.
- What is the refund policy?
Requests must be submitted by Friday, February 15, 2019.
- How can I receive a receipt for my registration payment?
Registrants will be confirmed via email and receive a hard copy receipt onsite.
- Will presenters and audience receive official certification of having attended and/or presented?
Yes. The official receipt that you receive at the event will also certify that you presented and attended.
- May family members and friends attend for free? No. Due to security, only registrants may attend. Also, no children are allowed.
Scholarships & Funding [back to top of questions]
- Do you offer scholarships, funding or waivers to participants?
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer scholarships or funding. This is a small event and the budget is very limited. We hope this situation will change in the future.
- Can the registration fee be waived or reduced? The registration fee is necessary for covering the event costs (facility use, equipment, materials, receptions, events and staff, etc.), so the fee cannot be waived nor reduced; however, we do offer a virtual presentation option.
Submissions, Reviews & Proceedings [back to top of questions]
- How are abstract submissions reviewed?
This is an international, double-blind, peer-reviewed event.
- Is it required to submit a full paper?
No. If you would like to submit a paper, please review the Submission Guidelines.
- May I edit my proposal after submission?
Yes. Edits will be permitted up to 1 month prior to the event.
- When will the proceedings be available?
Shortly after the event has concluded.
Visas & Invitation Letters [back to top of questions]
- How can I know if I need a visa for travel?
Contact the nearest Embassy or Consulate of Japan for details.
- How much is the fee for invitation letters?
There are two types of invitation letters: a PDF acceptance letter with an invitation to present, which the organizers provide free-of-charge to all accepted proposals; the second type is a formal invitation letter for travel, which will be provided for free on a case-by-case basis to confirmed registrants only. Formal hard copy invitation letters mailed by express mail service are 15,000 JPY.
- What if my visa application is rejected?
All decisions by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs are final. We cannot and will not assist if your application is rejected.
- How can I receive a letter of guarantee?
We do not provide guarantee letters. Please ask your university or government for help.
For all other questions and inquiries, please send an email to secretariat (at) intesda.org