Schedule, Deadlines & Help
We welcome you to join us in Hiroshima, Japan on Friday and Saturday, November 1-2, 2019 for the 7th Asian Symposium on Healthcare Without Borders. The Fall is an ideal season for visiting Hiroshima. All attending participants will have an opportunity for travel around Hiroshima, including its two UNESCO World Heritage Sites: Peace Park and the Shrine Island of Miyajima (Itsukushima).
Please note that the number of oral and poster time slots is limited. The organizers will close submissions and registration when the event has reached its capacity.
|Friday, November 1
||Saturday, November 2
||Sunday, November 3
|09:30 to 10:00
|Optional Peace Park Tour
11:30 to 12:30
|15:00 to 16:00
|10:00 to 11:30
Opening Remarks & Plenary Speaker
|Optional Miyajima Tour
12:30 to 16:30
|Optional Welcome Dinner Reception
17:00 to 18:30
|11:30 to 12:30
Welcome Reception with Posters
|12:30 to 18:30
|ICT4HD 2019||will be held||November 2-3, 2019
|Submissions||are due by||Friday, August 16
|Decisions||will be sent within||two weeks*|
||will open||Monday, August 19
|Early Registration||is available until
||Friday, August 30
|Advance Registration||is available until||Friday, September 13
|Presenter Schedule||will be posted after||Monday, September 9
|Final Registration||must be confirmed by||Friday, October 11
|Full Paper (optional)||is due by||Friday, October 18
|Virtual Presenter||files must be sent by||Friday, October 18|
The Program Schedule will be available after Monday, September 9, 2019. Only confirmed participants will be included in the schedule.
- Hotel Accommodation
- Illness & Emergencies
- Meals & Receptions
- Presentations & Equipment
- Registration, Receipts & Certificates
- Scholarships & Funding
- Submissions, Review & Proceedings
- Visas & Invitation Letters
Hotel Accommodation [back to top of questions]
- Can you help us find hotel rooms? Yes. We can provide assistance. Please contact us.
- Does the registration fee include hotel accommodation and meals?
No. Hotel accommodation, arranging reservations, meals and other travel matters are the responsibility of the participant.
- Can you recommend hotels near the Hiroshima Kokusai Hotel? The Kokusai Hotel is in the heart of downtown Hiroshima City, near Peace Park, with dozens of hotels nearby. Please check one of the many online hotel booking sites or consult a travel agency to advise you.
Illness & Emergencies [back to top of questions]
- What if I am suddenly unable to attend after registering?
Contact the Secretariat immediately and we may offer you the option of switching to virtual presentation mode.
- If I am unable to present, may my colleague present on my behalf?
Only if your colleague is a co-presenter and listed on the original submission.
Meals & Receptions [back to top of questions]
- Will the event have coffee breaks?
Yes. Tea, coffee, ice water and snacks will be provided. See the program schedule for deals.
- Will there be a welcome reception?
Yes. There will be an optional ticketed welcome reception on the first day and a free welcome luncheon on the main day.
- May I bring a friend or family member to the reception?
No. The reception is part of the event. It is for registered participants only.
Presentations & Equipment [back to top of questions]
- How much time is given for oral presentations?
Oral presenters are allotted 20 minutes and arranged in parallel sessions of 3 to 5 presenters.
- What equipment is provided for oral presentations?
Computers, projectors, laser pointers and screens will be provided in each presentation room. Tech support is available.
- What equipment is provided for poster presentations?
Posters should be A0 47 x 33 inches (118cm x 84cm).
Registration, Receipts and Certificates [back to top of questions]
- Does my registration payment include fees for co-authors also attending?
No. If your co-author will present with you, then he/she must register separately as a presenter.
- What does the registration fee include?
Entrance to all sessions, official program, name badge, coffee breaks and access to the proceedings.
- Does the registration fee include fees for travel expenses, hotel expenses, or daily meals?
No. Such expenses are your responsibility.
- What is the refund policy?
Requests must be submitted in writing by Friday, October 4, 2019. Penalties will apply.
- How can I receive a receipt for my registration payment?
Registrants will be confirmed via email and receive a hard copy receipt onsite.
- Will presenters and audience receive official certification of having attended and/or presented?
Yes. The official receipt that you receive at the event will also certify that you presented and attended.
- May family members and friends attend for free? No. Due to security, only registrants may attend. Also, no children are allowed.
Scholarships & Funding [back to top of questions]
- Do you offer scholarships, funding or waivers to participants?
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer scholarships or funding. This is a small event and the budget is very limited. We hope this situation will change in the future.
- Can the registration fee be waived or reduced? The registration fee is necessary for covering the event costs (facility use, equipment, materials, receptions, events and staff, etc.), so the fee cannot be waived nor reduced; however, we do offer a virtual presentation option.
Submissions, Reviews & Proceedings [back to top of questions]
- How are abstract submissions reviewed?
This is an international, double-blind, peer-reviewed event.
- Is it required to submit a full paper?
No. If you would like to submit a paper, please review the Submission Guidelines.
- May I edit my proposal after submission?
Yes. Edits will be permitted up to 1 month prior to the event.
- When will the proceedings be available?
Shortly after the event has concluded.
Visas & Invitation Letters [back to top of questions]
- How can I know if I need a visa for travel?
Contact the nearest Embassy or Consulate of Japan for details.
- How much is the fee for invitation letters?
There are two types of invitation letters: a PDF acceptance letter with an invitation to present, which the organizers provide free-of-charge to all accepted proposals; the second type is a formal invitation letter for travel, which will be provided for free on a case-by-case basis to confirmed registrants only. Formal hard copy invitation letters mailed by express mail service are 10,000 JPY.
- What if my visa application is rejected?
All decisions by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs are final. We cannot and will not assist if your application is rejected.
- How can I receive a letter of guarantee?
We do not provide guarantee letters. Please ask your university or government for help.
For all other questions and inquiries, please send an email to secretariat (at) intesda.org