We invite submissions of 250 words in English by Friday, October 27, 2017 from any of the following streams:
- Art and Art History
- Business & Economics
- Cultural Studies
- Design & Architecture
- Film, Radio, Television
- Language and Linguistics
- Peace, Conflict and Human Rights
- Religion, Philosophy and Ethics
- Social Sustainability
- Urban Studies and Development
- Other Areas (please specify)
- Abstracts must be less than 250 words in English and sent via the online system.
- Submissions should include a university or institution personal email address.
- The lingua franca of submissions, papers and presentations is English.
- Only authors listed on the submission may give the presentation.
- A maximum of (2) submissions is permitted per author.
- Abstracts derived from plagiarized or copyrighted research will be rejected.
- The review committee does not correct grammar, spelling or usage errors.
- We encourage work that introduces new ideas and conceptualizations, research and understandings to the field, as well as analysis of both success and failure.
All submissions are graded using a double blind, peer review process. The abstract is scored using a rubric that assessed areas such as originality, clarity/organization, spelling/grammar and suitability for the event.
Oral presenters are generally arranged in parallel sessions consisting of 2 to 5 or more presenters depending on the panel theme and length. Panels are allotted 90 to 120 minutes of presentation time depending on the number of presenters. Computers, projectors and screens will be provided in each presentation room. Please note that the Program Committee assigns presenters to panels and time slots.
Posters must be size A0 (A Zero). Common dimensions for posters are A0 47 x 33 inches (118cm x 84cm). No audiovisual equipment is permitted for poster presentations. Poster boards mounted on stands will be provided with tape and pins.
For participants unable to attend due to schedule or travel difficulty, we encourage you to consider participating in the event as a virtual presenter. Prepare a presentation using the video instructions we send to you. Virtual presenters are included in the Proceedings. A receipt and letter certifying your presentation will be sent to you by PDF after the event.
Organizing Your Own Panel
If you would like to organize your own panel of presenters, please contact the Secretariat. Panel requests must be received at least two weeks before the submission deadline. The panel should have at least 3 to 5 members (including the leader) and the names of all the panel members must appear in the abstract proposal.
Please note that only the abstracts undergo a peer-review and that full papers are not peer-reviewed. The Proceedings are not peer-reviewed, only the abstract review for participation in this event. The Proceedings will be available shortly after the conclusion on the event.
Full Papers & Template
Full Papers are not peer-reviewed nor required; however, if you would like to submit a paper it must be less than 2500 words and sent in Word format (PDF is not accepted) with a maximum file size of 1.5 MB by the deadline. Correct spelling, grammar and punctuation is the responsibility of the author. Use of the Full Paper Template is absolutely required. Papers submitted differently will be rejected.