Schedule, Deadlines & Help
We welcome you to join us in Nagoya, Japan for the 3rd Asian Symposium on the Humanities and Arts for Peace held from December 3-4, 2017 at the Nagoya Sakae Tokyu REI Hotel.
|Sunday, December 3
||Monday, December 4
|08:30 a.m Check in Opens
Coffee & Tea Served
|09:00 to 10:45
|09:00 to 10:30
|10:45 to 11:00
|10:45 to 16:45
|17:00 to 18:30
||will be held
|Early Registration||is available until||November 10
|Final Registration||is due by
|Full Paper (optional)||must be received by||November 24|
The Program Schedule will be announced in early November.
- Hotel Accommodation
- Illness & Emergencies
- Meals & Receptions
- Presentations & Equipment
- Registration, Receipts & Certificates
- Scholarships & Funding
- Submissions, Review & Proceedings
- Visas & Invitation Letters
Hotel Accommodation [back to top of questions]
- Does the event have guest rooms, which participants may reserve?
Yes. We have set aside a limited number of rooms for registered participants wishing to stay at the venue hotel.
- Does the registration fee include hotel accommodation and meals?
No. Hotel accommodation, arranging reservations, meals and other travel matters are the responsibility of the participant.
Illness & Emergencies [back to top of questions]
- What if I am suddenly unable to attend after registering?
Contact the Secretariat immediately and we may offer you the option of switching to virtual presentation mode.
- If I am unable to present, may my colleague present on my behalf?
Only if your colleague is a co-presenter and listed on the original submission.
Meals & Receptions [back to top of questions]
- Will the event have coffee breaks?
Yes. Coffee will be served in the morning. Tea and ice water will be served all day.
- Will there be a welcome reception?
Yes. We will organize a ticketed welcome dinner on the first day of the event. Tickets are 3,500 JPY and can be purchased at the registration table.
- May I bring a friend or family member to the reception?
Yes. Guests must also purchase a reception ticket (3,500 JPY). Seating is limited.
Presentations & Equipment [back to top of questions]
- How much time is given for oral presentations?
Oral presenters are allotted 20 to 25 minutes and arranged in parallel sessions of 3 to 5 presenters.
- What equipment is provided for oral presentations?
Computers, projectors, laser pointers and screens will be provided in each presentation room. Tech support is available.
- What equipment is provided for poster presentations?
Boards mounted on stands will be provided with tape. Posters should be A0 47 x 33 inches (118cm x 84cm).
- What are the instructions for virtual presentations?
Prepare a video using the instructions we send to you.
Registration, Receipts and Certificates [back to top of questions]
- Does my registration payment include fees for co-authors also attending?
No. If your co-author will present with you, then he/she must register separately as a presenter.
- What does the registration fee include?
Entrance to all sessions, official program, name badge, coffee breaks with light lunch and access to the proceedings.
- Does the registration fee include fees for travel expenses, hotel expenses, or sightseeing?
No. Such expenses are your responsibility.
- What is the refund policy?
Requests must be submitted in writing at least 6 weeks prior to the event. Penalties will apply.
- How can I receive a receipt for my registration payment?
Registrants will be confirmed via email and receive a hard copy receipt onsite. Virtual presenters see below.
- Will presenters and audience receive official certification of having attended and/or presented?
Yes. The official receipt that you receive at the event will also certify that you presented and attended.
- How will virtual presenters receive a receipt and presentation certificate?
For virtual presenters, this will be mailed to you after the event.
- May family members and friends attend for free? No. Due to security, only registrants may attend. Also, no children are allowed.
- What is the E-mail policy? A university or institution registered email address issued to you is required to apply as either a presenter or as audience. Personal email addresses (i.e. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, etc.) will be rejected without notice and the application file will be deleted.
Scholarships & Funding [back to top of questions]
- What if I cannot attend due to financial difficulties? We offer a virtual presentation option for participants unable to attend in person due to the high cost of travel and/or lack of financial support.
- Do you offer scholarships, funding or waivers to participants?
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer scholarships or funding. This is a small event and the budget is very limited. We hope this situation will change in the future.
- Can the registration fee be waived or reduced? The registration fee is necessary for covering the event costs (facility use, equipment, materials, breaks, staff, etc.), so the fee cannot be waived nor reduced; however, we do offer group rates.
Submissions, Reviews & Proceedings [back to top of questions]
- How are abstract submissions reviewed?
This is an international, double-blind, peer-reviewed event.
- Is it required to submit a full paper?
No. If you would like to submit a paper, please review the Submission Guidelines.
- May I edit my proposal after submission?
Yes. Edits will be permitted up to 1 month prior to the event.
- When will the proceedings be available?
Shortly after the event in electronic format. Please download from our homepage.
Visas & Invitation Letters [back to top of questions]
- How can I know if I need a visa for travel?
Contact the nearest Embassy or Consulate of Japan for details.
- How much is the fee for invitation letters?
There are two types of invitation letters: acceptance letters are free; invitation letters for travel are 6000 JPY for PDF or 14,000 JPY for hard copy.
- What if my visa application is rejected?
All decisions by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs are final. We cannot and will not assist if your application is rejected.
- How can I receive a letter of guarantee?
We do not provide guarantee letters. Ask your university or government for help.
For all other questions and inquiries, please send an email to secretariat (at) intesda.org