Schedule, Deadlines & Help
Welcome to EQUIS 2018, which is being held on Tuesday, August 7 and Wednesday, August 8, 2018 at the Hotel Clio Court Hakata in Fukuoka, Japan. This is a small, international, peer-reviewed conference with a limited number of oral and poster presentation time slots. We encourage all interested participants to submit presentations as early as possible. Please note that submissions and registration will close when the event has reached its capacity.
|Tuesday, August 7||Wednesday, August 8|
|10:00 to 12:00
|09:30 to 11:30
|10:00 to 11:30
Opening Remarks & Plenary
|11:30 to 12:00
Closing Remarks & Group Photo
|11:30 to 12:30
Welcome Lunch Reception
|12:30 to 17:00
|13:00 to 15:00
Optional Tour to Asahi Brewery
||will be held||August 7-8, 2018|
|Final Submissions||are due by
||Friday, July 13
|Final Registration||for all presenters is
||Friday, July 20
|Full Paper (optional)||is now||Friday, July 20
Deadlines and Program Schedule
The Deadline for Submissions has been extended to Friday, July 13. The Schedule of Presenters will be available shortly.
- Hotel Accommodation
- Illness & Emergencies
- Meals & Receptions
- Presentations & Equipment
- Registration, Receipts & Certificates
- Scholarships & Funding
- Submissions, Review & Proceedings
- Visas & Invitation Letters
Hotel Accommodation [back to top of questions]
- Does the registration fee include hotel accommodation and meals?
No. Hotel accommodation, arranging reservations, meals and other travel matters are the responsibility of the participant.
- What other hotels are nearest to the Mitsui Garden Hotel Hiroshima?
The nearest hotels are the Comfort Hotel Hakata, the Hakata Ekimae Toyoko Inn and the Crowne Plaza Fukuoka.
Illness & Emergencies [back to top of questions]
- What if I am suddenly unable to attend after registering?
Contact the Secretariat immediately and we may offer you the option of switching to virtual presentation mode.
- If I am unable to present, may my colleague present on my behalf?
Only if your colleague is a co-presenter and listed on the original submission.
Meals & Receptions [back to top of questions]
- Will there be a welcome reception?
Yes. There will be a welcome reception on the first day of the event.
- May I bring a friend or family member to the reception?
No. The welcome reception is only for registered participants. Due to limited seating, the reception is only for registered participants.
Presentations & Equipment [back to top of questions]
- How much time is given for oral presentations?
Oral presenters are allotted 20 to 25 minutes and arranged in parallel sessions of 3 to 5 presenters.
- What equipment is provided for oral presentations?
Computers, projectors, laser pointers and screens will be provided in each presentation room. Tech support is available.
- What equipment is provided for poster presentations?
Boards mounted on stands will be provided with tape. Posters should be A0 47 x 33 inches (118cm x 84cm).
Registration, Receipts and Certificates [back to top of questions]
- Does my registration payment include fees for co-authors also attending?
No. If your co-author will present with you, then he/she must register separately as a presenter.
- What does the registration fee include?
Entrance to all sessions, official program, name badge, coffee breaks, welcome reception and access to the proceedings.
- Does the registration fee include fees for travel expenses, hotel expenses, or sightseeing?
No. Such expenses are your responsibility.
- What is the refund policy?
Requests must be submitted by April 10, 2018.
- How can I receive a receipt for my registration payment?
Registrants will be confirmed via email and receive a hard copy receipt onsite.
- Will presenters and audience receive official certification of having attended and/or presented?
Yes. The official receipt that you receive at the event will also certify that you presented and attended.
- May family members and friends attend for free? No. Due to security, only registrants may attend. Also, no children are allowed.
- What is the E-mail policy? A university or institution registered email address issued to you is required to apply as either a presenter or as audience. Personal email addresses (i.e. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, etc.) will be rejected without notice and the application file will be deleted.
Scholarships & Funding [back to top of questions]
- Do you offer scholarships, funding or waivers to participants?
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer scholarships or funding. This is a small event and the budget is very limited. We hope this situation will change in the future.
- Can the registration fee be waived or reduced? The registration fee is necessary for covering the event costs (facility use, equipment, materials, breaks and staff, etc.), so the fee cannot be waived nor reduced; however, we do offer a virtual presenter option.
Submissions, Reviews & Proceedings [back to top of questions]
- Why must I provide my email address at my university to submit a proposal? The university registered email address is required for verification and security purposes. Submissions sent from Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail and other private email accounts will be rejected.
- How are abstract submissions reviewed?
This is an international, double-blind, peer-reviewed event.
- When will I be notified if my proposal has been rejected or accepted? Depending on the volume of submissions received, we try to send decisions within one month of receiving the submission.
- Is it required to submit a full paper?
No. If you would like to submit a paper, please review the Submission Guidelines.
- May I edit my proposal after submission?
Yes. Edits will be permitted up to 1 month prior to the event.
- When will the proceedings be available?
Shortly after the event in electronic format. Please download from our homepage.
Visas & Invitation Letters [back to top of questions]
- How can I know if I need a visa for travel?
Contact the nearest Embassy or Consulate of Japan for details.
- How much is the fee for invitation letters?
We can provide PDF invitation letters for free; however, hard copy invitation letters sent by express mail will cost 15,000 JPY. Fees are not refundable and not included in the registration fee.
- What if my visa application is rejected?
All decisions by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs are final. We cannot and will not assist if your application is rejected.
- How can I receive a letter of guarantee?
We do not provide guarantee letters. Ask your university or government for help.
For all other questions and inquiries, please send an email to secretariat (at) intesda.org