Hiroshima has a humid subtropical climate with hot summers and cool winters. The summer is noticeably wetter than the winter, although rain falls throughout the year.
Current Weather in Hiroshima
During the event sessions, the expected dress code is business casual. If you will be traveling around the city, we suggest wearing comfortable shoes and to bring a light jacket and hat.
All Conference sessions, lunches and receptions will be held in the KKR Hotel Hiroshima, which is located a short distance from Hiroshima Castle and the government offices of Hiroshima Prefecture. The KKR Hiroshima Hotel offers a unique opportunity to experience a traditional Japanese hotel style stay in the middle of a modern city at a very low cost. The hotel has 70 western and Japanese style single, double and triple size rooms. Please note that Japanese style rooms with tatami and futon bedding do not include a private bath.
KKR Hotel Hiroshima is a 12-minute walk from Shukkeien Garden, and a 20-minute walk from Hiroshima Castle, the Hiroshima Peace Memorial Park and the Hiroshima Atomic Bomb Dome. It’s a 5-minute walk from tram stop Johoku. The KKR accepts all forms of payment. The check-in time is 15:00 and check-out is at 11:00.
Three public transportation rail systems pass within a short distance of the KKR Hotel Hiroshima:
- JOHOKU Station on the ASTRAM Rail Line is only 3 minutes west on foot.
- HAKUSHIMA Station on the Dentetsu Streetcar Line (also known as the ‘Hiroden’) is also 3 minutes west on foot. Please transfer at “Hacchobori” to Hakushima-line and get off at the termination.
- JR HIROSHIMA Station or JR YOKOGAWA Station is only 5 minutes by taxi
Hiroshima Airport serves both international and domestic flights, and is an accessible route for participants traveling via Tokyo Narita Airport (NRT) or Osaka Kansai International Airport (KIX).
Limousine buses from Hiroshima Airport to the Hiroshima City
- Bus service from Hiroshima Airport to the city center depart every 15 minutes. It takes approximately 50 minutes and costs JPY 1300; or you can pay 2,360yen (both ways; ticket valid for 7 days). The bus has two destination options: (1) the Hiroshima Bus Terminal in the center of the city, and (2) Hiroshima Train Station, also in the center of the city. Streetcar service from both locations will reach most hotels around the city. Alternatively, you may opt to take a taxi.
- The conference does not provide transportation services to and from the airport. Airport shuttle services or taxis are readily available outside of the airport.
Shinkansen (bullet train) Service from Tokyo and Osaka
- Shinkansen trains depart from Tokyo Station and Shinagawa Station every 15 to 20 minutes. The distance from Tokyo to Hiroshima is 894km or 559 miles, and will take approximately 4 hours. The train fare depends on the type of ticket and train service. For more information, please click here
- Shinkansen trains depart from Shin-Osaka Station every 15 to 20 minutes. The distance from Shin-Osaka to Hiroshima is 342km or 212 miles, and will take approximately 1hr, 45 minutes. The train fare depends on the type of ticket and train service. For more information, please click here