Schedule, Deadlines & Help
We welcome you to join us in Osaka, Japan on Saturday and Sunday, March 28-29, 2020 for the 7th Asian Symposium on Healthcare Without Borders (HWB 2020) to be held at the Osaka Corona Hotel in Osaka City, Japan. This event is being organized alongside the 5th Asian Symposium on Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH 2020).
HWB 2020 will coincide with the cherry blossom viewing period around Osaka. The good weather and blooming cherry blossoms brings Japanese people together for ‘hanami’ celebrations around the city. Hanami is means to to enjoy the scenery of blooming cherry trees, “sakura” in Japanese, in spring. In Japan, people sit on a tarps or blankets beneath the cherry trees and spend time together drinking, eating and having a picnic. During the blooming period, the most popular spots for hanami get crowded with food and drink stalls, and sometimes there are festivals and events of all kinds. Plus, hanami in Osaka can be enjoyed not only during daytime, but also at night, when the cherry trees are lit up and offer a completely different scenery, called “yozakura”.
|Saturday, March 28
||Sunday, March 29
|08:00 to 12:00
|08:30 to 11:00
|08:30 to 10:00
Opening Remarks & Plenary Speaker
|09:30 to 11:45
|10:00 to 13:00
Lunch with Posters
| 11:45 to 12:00
|17:00 to 18:30
Dinner Reception (optional)
|HWB 2020||will be held||March 28-29, 2020
|Submissions||are due by||Friday, January 17
|Decisions||will be sent
||within two to four weeks
||will open||Monday, January 20
|Early Registration||is available until
||Friday, January 31
|Advance Registration||is available until||Friday, February 14|
|Late Registration||begins from
||Saturday, February 15
|Presenter Schedule||will be posted after||Monday, February 17
|Final Registration||must be confirmed by||Friday, March 13
|Full Paper (optional)||is due by||Friday, March 13|
|Virtual Presenter||files must be sent by||Friday, March 13|
The Program Schedule will be announced after Monday, February 17, 2020.
- Hotel Accommodation
- Illness & Emergencies
- Meals & Receptions
- Presentations & Equipment
- Registration, Receipts & Certificates
- Scholarships & Funding
- Submissions, Review & Proceedings
- Visas & Invitation Letters
Hotel Accommodation [back to top of questions]
- Does the registration fee include hotel accommodation and meals?
No. Hotel accommodation, arranging reservations, meals and other travel matters are the responsibility of the participant.
Illness & Emergencies [back to top of questions]
- What if I am suddenly unable to attend after registering?
Contact the Secretariat immediately and we may offer you the option of switching to virtual presentation mode.
- If I am unable to present, may my colleague present on my behalf?
Only if your colleague is a co-presenter and listed on the original submission.
Meals & Receptions [back to top of questions]
- Will there be a welcome reception?
Yes. There will be an optional, ticketed, informal dinner on Saturday, March 28, 2020 and also a free welcome reception in the afternoon of Saturday, March 28, 2020. The Saturday reception will include coffee, tea and light snacks.
- May I bring a friend or family member to the reception?
For the Friday night informal dinner, tickets must be purchased for guests. The Saturday reception is for registered participants only.
Presentations & Equipment [back to top of questions]
- How much time is given for oral presentations?
Oral presenters are allotted 20 minutes and arranged in parallel sessions of 3 to 5 presenters.
- What equipment is provided for oral presentations?
Computers, projectors, laser pointers and screens will be provided in each presentation room. Tech support is available.
- What equipment is provided for poster presentations?
Boards mounted on stands will be provided with tape. Posters should be A0 47 x 33 inches (118cm x 84cm).
Registration, Receipts and Certificates [back to top of questions]
- Does my registration payment include fees for co-authors also attending?
No. If your co-author will present with you, then he/she must register separately as a presenter.
- What does the registration fee include?
Entrance to all sessions, official program, name badge, coffee breaks, welcome reception and access to the proceedings.
- Does the registration fee include fees for travel expenses, hotel expenses, or sightseeing?
No. Such expenses are your responsibility.
- What is the refund policy?
Requests must be submitted by Monday, March 2, 2020.
- How can I receive a receipt for my registration payment?
Registrants will be confirmed via email and receive a hard copy receipt onsite.
- Will presenters and audience receive official certification of having attended and/or presented?
Yes. The official receipt that you receive at the event will also certify that you presented and attended.
- May family members and friends attend for free? No. Due to security, only registrants may attend. Also, no children are allowed.
Scholarships & Funding [back to top of questions]
- Do you offer scholarships, funding or waivers to participants?
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer scholarships or funding. This is a small event and the budget is very limited. We hope this situation will change in the future.
- Can the registration fee be waived or reduced? The registration fee is necessary for covering the event costs (facility use, equipment, materials, breaks and staff, etc.), so the fee cannot be waived nor reduced; however, we do offer a virtual presentation option.
Submissions, Reviews & Proceedings [back to top of questions]
- Why must I provide my email address at my university to submit a proposal? The university registered email address is required for verification and security purposes. Submissions sent from Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail and other private email accounts will be rejected.
- How are abstract submissions reviewed?
This is an international, double-blind, peer-reviewed event. For ISSN and review committee details see the event homepage.
- When will I be notified if my proposal has been rejected or accepted? Depending on the volume of submissions received, we try to send decisions within a month of receiving the submission.
- Is it required to submit a full paper?
No. If you would like to submit a paper, please review the Submission Guidelines.
- May I edit my proposal after submission?
Yes. Edits will be permitted up to 1 month prior to the event.
- When will the proceedings be available?
Shortly after the event in electronic format. Please download from our homepage.
Visas & Invitation Letters [back to top of questions]
- How can I know if I need a visa for travel?
Contact the nearest Embassy or Consulate of Japan for details.
- What visa support is provided by the organizers?
There are two types of invitation letters: a PDF acceptance letter with an invitation to present, which the organizers provide free-of-charge to all accepted proposals; the second type is a formal invitation letter for travel, which requires additional fees due to the complexity of the application. Formal hard copy invitation letters mailed by express mail service are 10,000 JPY.
- What if my visa application is rejected?
All decisions by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs are final. We cannot and will not assist you if your travel application is rejected.
For all other questions and inquiries, please send an email to secretariat (at) intesda.org