The 7th Asian Symposium on Healthcare Without Borders – Saturday and Sunday, August 3-4, 2019 in Hiroshima, Japan»
Welcome to HWB 2019
We welcome you to join us in Hiroshima, Japan on Saturday and Sunday, August 3-4, 2019 for the 7th Asian Symposium on Healthcare Without Borders.
HWB 2019 will precede the 74th Hiroshima Peace Memorial Ceremony. All attending participants will have an opportunity for travel around Hiroshima, including its two UNESCO World Heritage Sites: Peace Park and the Shrine Island of Miyajima (Itsukushima).
Please note that the number of oral and poster time slots is limited. The organizers will close submissions and registration when the event has reached its capacity.
About HWB 2019
While life expectancy across the board is increasing, traditional health metrics, such as infant mortality rate and infectious disease rate remain constant reminders of our need to be vigilant and address the sharp health care disparities underlying Asian nations as well as the diverse challenges they face.
How can we ensure the equitable and efficient allocation of health-related resources across all Asia to meet basic needs and emergencies? What role can policy makers play in creating affordable universal health care?
With the theme Better Healthcare for a Brighter Tomorrow, it is hoped that today’s challenges in health care can be met with viable global solutions. Thus we welcome you to join us for this exciting symposium to share, learn and network as well as to explore the culture, history and beauty of Hiroshima!
We welcome proposals of 250 words in English by Friday, May 31, 2019. Click on the Link Below to Submit your Proposal Today!
- Access to Healthcare in Developing Countries
- Aging Health Issues in Gerontology and Geriatrics
- Biotechnology and Biomedical Science
- Community and Family Medicine
- Environmental Science and Health
- Mental Health, Public Health and Sexual Health
- Neglected Tropical Diseases
- Nursing Practice and Education
- Preventive Healthcare and Palliative Care
- Women’s Health and Maternal Child Health
- Other Areas of Healthcare (Please Specify)
Who Should Attend
This symposium will provide an interdisciplinary healthcare platform for academics, researchers, physicians, nurses, midwives, nutritionists, pharmacists, healthcare administrators, veterinarians, biologists, psychologists, sociologists, social workers and other professionals.
Plan Your Attendance
Nathkapach Rattanapitoon, Ph.D., Suranaree University of Technology Hospital, Nakhon Ratchasima, Thailand
Dr. Rattanapitoon is a leading researcher in the fight against Liver Fluke — a Neglected Tropical Disease, which kills more than 20,000 people each year in Thailand. He is a faculty member in the Institute of Medicine at Suranaree University of Technology Hospital, Nakhon Ratchasima, Thailand. His research interests include: Parasitology, Epidemiology, Public Health, Bioinformatics, Genetics and Gastroenterology. He earned his doctoral degree in Bio-Medical Science, his MSc in Medical Parasitology and BSc in Public Health all at Khon Kaen University in Thailand.
Mr. Yamada is a Charter and Founding Member of RID 2760 Rotary Club of Chubu Nagoya Mirai, where he also serves as a special adviser of the Polio Plus Committee of Japan. Between 2011 and 2016 he has organized and led several humanitarian and medical aid missions to India and Bhutan to assist with immunization efforts to eradicate polio in South Asia. Most recently, Mr. Yamada was appointed to serve on the strategic planning committee for the Rotary International Youth Exchange Program in Japan.
INTESDA Program Director
Michael oversees special programs, events and business development for INTESDA, which mobilizes ideas and raises awareness for sustainable development and the Global Goals. Michael holds degrees in international business and Japanese from San Diego State University, USA. Combining his interests in business and education he has been involved with education and training in Japan for the past seventeen years at the secondary, tertiary and corporate level. His research interest include globalization, sustainable development and education rights.
- Nathkapach Rattanapitoon, Ph.D., Suranaree University, Nakhon Ratchasima, Thailand
- Schawanya Rattanapitoon M.D., FCFP, Suranaree University, Nakhon Ratchasima, Thailand
- Zhen-Fang Lin, PhD, School of Pharmacy & Graduate Institute of Clinical Pharmacy, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taiwan
- Bea-Gracia M. Cruz, RN, MAN, DNM, Department Head – Training & Research, Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital, Philippines
- Tu Nguyen, Ph.D., Hochiminh City International University, Vietnam
- Anna Dittfeld, Ph.D., School of Medicine with the Division of Dentistry in Zabrze, Medical University of Silesia, Poland
- Sumattana Glangkarn, Ph.D., Mahasarakham University, Thailand
- Supawadee Putthinoi, Ph.D., Faculty of Associated Medical Sciences, Chiang Mai University, Thailand