The 5th Asian Symposium on Healthcare Without Borders – December 20-21, 2017 in Hiroshima, Japan»
About HWB 2017
We welcome you to join us in Hiroshima, Japan for the 5th Asian Symposium on Healthcare Without Borders, which will be held jointly with the International Conference on Advancing the Life Sciences and Public Health Awareness (ALPHA) and the 5th Conference on Human Development in Asia (COHDA).
HWB was also held this past summer in Hiroshima and preceded the 72nd Hiroshima Peace Memorial Ceremony. Due to the inability of many participants to attend in August due to the memorial and peak season travel, we are holding HWB this December again in Hiroshima.
In addition to the symposium, participants will have an opportunity to enjoy a free, guided tour in English of Hiroshima Peace Park, which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
While life expectancy across the board is increasing, traditional health metrics, such as infant mortality rate and infectious disease rate remain constant reminders of our need to be vigilant and address the sharp health care disparities underlying Asian nations as well as the diverse challenges they face.
How can we ensure the equitable and efficient allocation of health-related resources across all Asia to meet basic needs and emergencies? What role can policy makers play in creating affordable universal health care?
With the theme Facing New Challenges in Healthcare, it is hoped that today’s challenges in health care can be met with viable global solutions. Thus we welcome you to join us for this exciting symposium to share, learn and network as well as to explore the culture, history and beauty of Hiroshima!
We are offering a special early registration rate of only 23,500 JPY. We welcome submissions of 250 words in English by Friday, November 17, 2017. Click on the submission link below to submit your proposal today!
- Access to Healthcare in Developing Countries
- Aging Health Issues in Gerontology and Geriatrics
- Biodiversity and Human Health
- Dental Health and Oral Health
- e-health, m-Health and Telemedicine
- Health Economics and Policy, Healthcare Management
- Medical and Biomedical Sciences
- Mental Health, Public Health and Sexual Health
- Nursing Practice and Education
- Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy
- Pharmacy, Pharmacology and Drug Development
- Preventive Healthcare and Palliative Care
- Other Areas of Healthcare (Please Specify)
Who Should Attend
This symposium will provide an interdisciplinary healthcare platform for academics, researchers, physicians, nurses, midwives, nutritionists, pharmacists, healthcare administrators, veterinarians, biologists, psychologists, sociologists, social workers and other professionals.
Plan Your Attendance
Natthawut Kaewpitoon, Ph.D., Faculty of Public Health, Vongchavalitkul University, Nakhon Ratchasima, Thailand, Suranaree University of Technology Hospital, Nakhon Ratchasima, Thailand
Dr. Kaewpitoon serves dual roles on the Faculty of Public Health, Vongchavalitkul University, Nakhon Ratchasima, Thailand and also serves at Suranaree University of Technology Hospital, Nakhon Ratchasima, Thailand. His research interests include: Parasitology, Epidemiology, Public Health, Bioinformatics, Genetic, Gastroenterology. He earned his PhD in BioMedical Science, his MSc in Medical Parasitology and BSc in Public Health all at Khon Kaen University in Thailand.
Mr. Yamada is a Charter and Founding Member of RID 2760 Rotary Club of Chubu Nagoya Mirai, where he also serves as a special adviser of the Polio Plus Committee of Japan. Between 2011 and 2016 he has organized and led several humanitarian and medical aid missions to India and Bhutan to assist with immunization efforts to eradicate polio in South Asia. Most recently, Mr. Yamada was appointed to serve on the strategic planning committee for the Rotary International Youth Exchange Program in Japan.
INTESDA Program Director
Michael Sasaoka oversees special programs, events and business development for INTESDA, which mobilizes ideas and raises awareness for sustainable development and the Global Goals. Michael holds degrees in international business and Japanese from San Diego State University, USA. Combining his interests in business and education he has been involved with education and training in Japan for the past seventeen years at the secondary, tertiary and corporate level. His research interest include globalization, sustainable development and education rights.
- Natthawut Kaewpitoon, Ph.D., Faculty of Public Health, Vongchavalitkul University, Thailand
- Soraya Kaewpitoon, Ph.D., Suranaree University, Nakhon Ratchasima, Thailand
- Zhen-Fang Lin, PhD, School of Pharmacy & Graduate Institute of Clinical Pharmacy, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taiwan
- Bea-Gracia M. Cruz, RN, MAN, DNM, Department Head – Training & Research, Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital, Philippines
- Tu Nguyen, Ph.D., Hochiminh City International University, Vietnam
- Anna Dittfeld, Ph.D., School of Medicine with the Division of Dentistry in Zabrze, Medical University of Silesia, Poland
- Sumattana Glangkarn, Ph.D., Mahasarakham University, Thailand
- Supawadee Putthinoi, Ph.D., Faculty of Associated Medical Sciences, Chiang Mai University, Thailand