Schedule, Deadlines & Help
Welcome to G-SLATE 2019, which is a special one day conference being held on Sunday, January 20 at the Nagoya Sakae Tokyu REI Hotel in Nagoya, Japan. This conference is being held in partnership with the 2nd Asian Symposium on Culture, Policy and Education (SCOPE 2019).
This is a small, international, peer-reviewed conference with a limited number of oral and poster presentation time slots. We encourage all interested participants to submit presentations as early as possible. Please note that submissions and registration will close when the event has reached its capacity.
|Sunday, January 20, 2019
||Monday, January 21, 2019
|08:30 to 12:00
|13:00 to 15:00
Optional Tour to Asahi Brewery
|09:15 to 11:30
Opening Remarks & Plenary
|12:00 to 12:45
Welcome Lunch Reception
|12:45 to 18:00
All Day Sessions
|G-SLATE 2019||will be held||January 20, 2019
|Submissions||are due by||Friday, December 14, 2018
|Decisions||will be sent within||two weeks|
|Early Registration||is available until||Friday, December 21, 2018|
|Presenter Schedule||will be posted after||Monday, December 17, 2018|
|Final Registration||must be confirmed by||Friday January 11, 2019|
|Full Paper (optional)||is due by||Friday January 11, 2019|
|Virtual Presenter||files must be sent by||Friday January 11, 2019|
The Deadline for Submissions is Friday, December 14, 2018. The Schedule of Presenters will be posted shortly after the submission deadline and it will be based on confirmed registrants.
- Hotel Accommodation
- Illness & Emergencies
- Meals & Receptions
- Presentations & Equipment
- Registration, Receipts & Certificates
- Scholarships & Funding
- Submissions, Review & Proceedings
- Visas & Invitation Letters
Hotel Accommodation [back to top of questions]
- Does the registration fee include hotel accommodation and meals?
No. Hotel accommodation, arranging reservations, meals and other travel matters are the responsibility of the participant.
- What other hotels are nearest to the Nagoya Sakae Tokyu REI Hotel?
There are dozens of near the venue hotel. For maps and details, we suggest consulting one of the many online hotel search engines, such as this one.
Illness & Emergencies [back to top of questions]
- What if I am suddenly unable to attend after registering?
Contact the Secretariat immediately and we may offer you the option of switching to virtual presentation mode.
- If I am unable to present, may my colleague present on my behalf?
Only if your colleague is a co-presenter and listed on the original submission.
Meals & Receptions [back to top of questions]
- Will there be a welcome reception?
Yes. There will be a welcome reception in the afternoon of January 20, 2019.
- May I bring a friend or family member to the reception?
No. The welcome reception is only for registered participants. Due to limited seating, the reception is only for registered participants.
Presentations & Equipment [back to top of questions]
- How much time is given for oral presentations?
Oral presenters are allotted 20 minutes and arranged in parallel sessions of 3 to 5 presenters.
- What equipment is provided for oral presentations?
Computers, projectors, laser pointers and screens will be provided in each presentation room. Tech support is available.
- What equipment is provided for poster presentations?
Boards mounted on stands will be provided with tape. Posters should be A0 47 x 33 inches (118cm x 84cm).
Registration, Receipts and Certificates [back to top of questions]
- Does my registration payment include fees for co-authors also attending?
No. If your co-author will present with you, then he/she must register separately as a presenter.
- What does the registration fee include?
Entrance to all sessions, official program, name badge, tea breaks with snacks and access to the proceedings.
- Does the registration fee include fees for travel expenses, hotel expenses or meals?
No. Such expenses are your responsibility.
- What is the refund policy?
Requests must be submitted in writing by Friday, December 27, 2018. Penalties will apply.
- How can I receive a receipt for my registration payment?
Registrants will be confirmed via email and receive a hard copy receipt onsite. Virtual presenters see below.
- Will presenters and audience receive official certification of having attended and/or presented?
Yes. The official receipt that you receive at the event will also certify that you presented and attended.
- May family members and friends attend for free? No. Due to security, only registrants may attend. Also, no children are allowed.
- What is the E-mail policy? A university or institution registered email address issued to you is required to apply as either a presenter or as audience. Personal email addresses (i.e. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, etc.) will be rejected without notice and the application file will be deleted.
Scholarships & Funding [back to top of questions]
- Do you offer scholarships, funding or waivers to participants?
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer scholarships or funding. This is a small event and the budget is very limited. We hope this situation will change in the future.
- Can the registration fee be waived or reduced? The registration fee is necessary for covering the event costs (facility use, equipment, materials, receptions, events and staff, etc.), so the fee cannot be waived nor reduced; however, we do offer a virtual presenter option.
Submissions, Reviews & Proceedings [back to top of questions]
- How are abstract submissions reviewed?
This is an international, double-blind, peer-reviewed event.
- Is it required to submit a full paper?
No. If you would like to submit a paper, please review the Submission Guidelines.
- May I edit my proposal after submission?
Yes. Edits will be permitted up to 1 month prior to the event.
- When will the proceedings be available?
Shortly after the event has concluded.
Visas & Invitation Letters [back to top of questions]
- How can I know if I need a visa for travel?
Contact the nearest Embassy or Consulate of Japan for details.
- How much is the fee for invitation letters?
We can provide a PDF invitation letter for free to registered participants; however, hard copy invitation letters sent by express mail are 15,000 JPY. The fee is non-refundable and not included in the registration fee.
- What if my visa application is rejected?
All decisions by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs are final. We cannot and will not assist if your application is rejected.
- How can I receive a letter of guarantee?
We do not provide guarantee letters. Ask your university or government for help.
For all other questions and inquiries, please send an email to secretariat (at) intesda.org