Invitation Letters & Funding
Frequently Asked Questions regarding Invitation Letters and Visa Support:
- How can I know if I need a visa for travel?
Contact the nearest Embassy or Consulate of Japan for details.
- What visa support is provided by the organizers?
There are two types of invitation letters: a PDF acceptance letter with an invitation to present, which the organizers provide free-of-charge to all accepted proposals; the second type is a formal invitation letter for travel, which requires additional fees due to the complexity of the application. Formal hard copy invitation letters mailed by express mail service are 15,000 JPY.
- What if my visa application is rejected?
All decisions by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs are final. We cannot and will not assist you if your travel application is rejected.
- What if I cannot attend due to visa difficulty? We offer a virtual presentation mode for participants unable to attend due to visa difficulty, lack of funding or schedule conflicts.
Detailed visa policies and other information can also be found on the Japan Ministry of Foreign Affairs website. As of 2017, passport holders from (69) countries have visa exemptions for entering Japan, and do not need to apply for a visa with an invitation letter.
Invitation Letter Policy
- Attending participants with an accepted proposal will receive a PDF acceptance letter with an invitation to present. The PDF is provided free-of-charge.
- Requests for hard copy invitation letters for travel purposes require advance registration plus an additional non-refundable fee of 15,000 JPY for processing and express mail service. The fees must be paid by international bank transfer.
- Any applicants submitting requests for invitation letters or visa support using personal email addresses (i.e. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, etc.) will be rejected without notice and the application file will be deleted.
- Do you offer scholarships, funding or waivers to participants?
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer scholarships or funding for this event. This is a small event and the budget is very limited. We hope this situation will change in the future.
- Can the registration fee be waived or reduced? The registration fee is necessary for covering the event costs, so the fee cannot be waived nor reduced; however, we do offer a virtual presentation option.