Invitation Letters & Funding
Frequently Asked Questions regarding Invitation Letters and Visa Support:
- How can I know if I need a visa for travel?
Contact the nearest Embassy or Consulate of Japan for details.
- What visa support is provided by the organizers?
There are two types of invitation letters: a PDF acceptance letter with an invitation to present, which the organizers provide free-of-charge to all accepted proposals; the second type is a formal invitation letter for travel, which requires additional fees due to the complexity of the application. PDF invitations can be prepared and sent for free; formal hard copy invitation letters mailed by express mail service are 15,000 JPY.
- What if my visa application is rejected?
All decisions by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs are final. We cannot and will not assist you if your travel application is rejected.
Detailed visa policies and other information can also be found on the Japan Ministry of Foreign Affairs website. As of 2017, passport holders from (69) countries have visa exemptions for entering Japan, and do not need to apply for a visa with an invitation letter.
Requests for Funding
- Do you offer scholarships, funding or waivers to participants?
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer scholarships or funding. This is a small event and the budget is very limited. We hope this situation will change in the future.
- Can the registration fee be waived or reduced? The registration fee is necessary for covering the event costs, so the fee cannot be waived nor reduced; however, we do offer a virtual presenter option.