The 3rd International Conference on the Globalization of Second Language Acquisition and Teacher Education »
About G-SLATE 2017
As globalization advances and boundaries between countries fade away, the need to communicate in a second or multiple languages has altered the linguistic landscape. As a result, second language acquisition and foreign language teaching have progressed to the forefront of linguistics, providing a critical framework in understanding how language is acquired or learned and its pedagogical implications. Language today not only links nations but also empowers individuals toward greater upward mobility, all of which makes it an indispensable tool in modern society.
With the theme Breaking Barriers, the conference is a wonderful opportunity to share research, insights and techniques, and form professional networks in this burgeoning field of linguistics and education.
Submissions is now closed.
- Approaches to Teaching ELT and L2
- CALL / MALL / CALT
- Cooperative/Collaborative Learning
- Cross-Linguistic Influences
- Education Technology
- Endangered Languages
- Globalization of Language
- Globalization and Teacher Education
- Language & Discourse Analysis
- Language Pedagogy and Assessment
- Learning Strategies
- Phonetics and Phonology
- Professional Development and Teacher Training
- SLA Theories and Research Methodology
- Sociolinguistics of Globalization
- Other Areas (Please Specify)
Plan Your Attendance
- Host Organizer Co-Chairperson
- Gary Smith is a landscape and wildlife photographer, mountain climber and filmmaker. His current film project is a documentary on the Seven Summits. The filming has deepened his passion and concern for climate change and its affect on the environment. In particular, his work has revealed the long term affects of melting glaciers and polar ice caps. Gary holds degrees in mass communication, media arts and Japanese from Southern Illinois University, USA. His academic interests include environmental studies, ICT and photography.