Schedule, Deadlines & Help
We welcome you to join us in Hiroshima, Japan for the Asian Conference on the Arts, Humanities and Sustainability (ACAHS 2017) from December 21-22, 2017 at the KKR Hotel Hiroshima. This conference will be held jointly with the Asian Conference on the Social Sciences and Sustainability (ACSUS 2017). In addition, we are organizing a free, guided tour in English to visit Hiroshima Peace Memorial Park – a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
|Thursday, December 21
||Friday, December 22
|13:00 to 14:00
Check in Table Open
|09:00 to 11:45
|14:00 to 17:00
Opening Remarks & Plenary
|11:45 to 12:30
|17:30 to 19:00
|12:30 to 17:45
|17:45 to 18:00
||will be held||December 21-22
|Submissions||are due by
||Friday, November 17
||is available until
||Friday, November 24
||for presenters is
||Friday, December 8
|Full Paper (optional)||must be received by||Friday, December 8|
The Program Schedule will be available in late November.
- Hotel Accommodation
- Illness & Emergencies
- Meals & Receptions
- Presentations & Equipment
- Registration, Receipts & Certificates
- Scholarships & Funding
- Submissions, Review & Proceedings
- Visas & Invitation Letters
Hotel Accommodation [back to top of questions]
- Does the event have guest rooms, which participants may reserve?
No. We are not holding a block book of guest rooms nor offering discount hotel rates.
- When should I make my travel and hotel arrangements? Due to the Memorial, most hotels will fill up quickly, so please make your reservations well in advance. Please note that all hotels will be fully booked on August 5th. So, you should plan to arrive in Hiroshima on August 6th or arrange a hotel in a another city near Hiroshima for August 5th.
- Does the registration fee include hotel accommodation?
No. Hotel accommodation, arranging reservations and other travel matters are the responsibility of the participant.
Illness & Emergencies [back to top of questions]
- What if I am suddenly unable to attend after registering?
Contact the Secretariat immediately and we may offer you the option of switching to virtual presentation mode.
- If I am unable to present, may my colleague present on my behalf?
Only if your colleague is a co-presenter and listed on the original submission.
Meals & Receptions [back to top of questions]
- Will the event serve meals?
Coffee breaks will be provided during the event; however, all other meals such as breakfast, lunch and dinner are not provided.
- Will there be a welcome reception?
Yes. We will organize a ticketed welcome dinner on the first day of the event.
- May I bring a friend or family member to the reception?
Yes. Guests may also purchase tickets for 3000 JPY. Seating is limited.
Presentations & Equipment [back to top of questions]
- How much time is given for oral presentations?
Oral presenters are allotted 20 minutes and arranged in parallel sessions of 2 to 6 presenters.
- What equipment is provided for oral presentations?
Computers, projectors, laser pointers and screens will be provided in each presentation room. Tech support is available.
- What equipment is provided for poster presentations?
Boards mounted on stands will be provided with tape. Posters should be A0 47 x 33 inches (118cm x 84cm).
- What are the instructions for virtual presentations?
Prepare a video using the instructions we send to you.
Registration, Receipts and Certificates [back to top of questions]
- Does my registration payment include fees for co-authors also attending?
No. If your co-author will present with you, then he/she must register separately as a presenter.
- What does the registration fee include?
Entrance to all sessions, official program, name badge, coffee breaks and access to the proceedings.
- Does the registration fee include fees for travel expenses, hotel expenses, or sightseeing?
No. Such expenses are your responsibility.
- What is the refund policy?
Requests must be submitted by Friday, December 1, 2017.
- How can I receive a receipt for my registration payment?
Registrants will be confirmed via email and receive a hard copy receipt onsite. Virtual presenters see below.
- Will presenters and audience receive official certification of having attended and/or presented?
Yes. The official receipt that you receive at the event will also certify that you presented and attended.
- How will virtual presenters receive a receipt and presentation certificate?
For virtual presenters, this will be mailed to you after the event.
- May family members and friends attend for free? No. Due to security, only registrants may attend. Also, no children are allowed.
Scholarships & Funding [back to top of questions]
Do you offer scholarships, funding or waivers to participants? Unfortunately, we are unable to offer scholarships or funding. This is a small event and the budget is very limited. We hope this situation will change in the future.
Can the registration fee be waived or reduced? The registration fee is necessary for covering the event costs (facility use, equipment, materials, breaks and staff, etc.), so the fee cannot be waived nor reduced; however, we do offer group rates.
Submissions, Reviews & Proceedings [back to top of questions]
- Why must I provide my email address at my university to submit a proposal? The university registered email address is required for verification and security purposes. Submissions sent from Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail and other private email accounts will be rejected.
- How are abstract submissions reviewed?
This is an international, double-blind, peer-reviewed event.
- When will I be notified if my proposal has been rejected or accepted? Depending on the volume of submissions received, we try to send decisions within a month of receiving the submission.
- Is it required to submit a full paper?
No. If you would like to submit a paper, please review the Submission Guidelines.
- May I edit my proposal after submission?
Yes. Edits will be permitted up to 1 month prior to the event.
- When will the proceedings be available?
Shortly after the event in electronic format.
Visas & Invitation Letters [back to top of questions]
- How can I know if I need a visa for travel?
Contact the nearest Embassy or Consulate of Japan for details.
- What visa support is provided by the organizers?
As a general rule, the organizers will not provide visa support. We advise that you ask your university or government to support your travel application.
- What if my visa application is rejected?
All decisions by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs are final. We cannot and will not assist you if your travel application is rejected.
- What if I cannot attend due to visa difficulty? We offer a virtual presentation mode for participants unable to attend due to visa difficulty, lack of funding or schedule conflicts.
For all other questions and inquiries, please send an email to secretariat (at) intesda.org