Schedule, Deadlines & Help
We welcome you to join us in Hiroshima, Japan on Friday and Saturday, August 30-31, 2019 at the Mitsui Garden Hotel in Hiroshima, Japan for the 6th Asian Conference on the Arts, Humanities and Sustainability. ACAHS 2019 is being jointly held alongside the 6th Asian Conference on the Social Sciences and Sustainability (ACSUS 2019).
Last year, ACAHS preceded the annual Hiroshima Peace Memorial Ceremony; however, we have decided to hold ACAHS at the end of August when temperatures are more reasonable and travel costs are lower. All attending participants will have an opportunity for travel around Hiroshima, including its two UNESCO World Heritage Sites: Peace Park and the Shrine Island of Miyajima (Itsukushima).
|Friday, August 30
||Saturday, August 31
||Sunday, September 1|
|09:30 to 10:00
|Optional Peace Park Tour
11:30 to 12:30
|15:00 to 16:00
|10:00 to 11:30
Opening Remarks & Plenary Speaker
|Optional Miyajima Tour
12:30 to 16:30
|Optional Welcome Dinner Reception
17:00 to 18:30
|11:30 to 12:30
Welcome Reception with Posters
|12:30 to 18:30
|ACAHS 2019||will be held||August 30-31, 2019
|Submissions||are due by||Friday, July 12
|Decisions||will be sent within||two weeks*|
||will open||Monday, July 15
|Early Registration||is available until
||Friday, July 26
|Advance Registration||is available until||Friday, August 9|
|Late Registration||is available after
||Friday, August 9|
|Presenter Schedule||will be posted after||Friday, July 19
|Final Registration||must be confirmed by||Friday, August 23
|Full Paper (optional)||is due by||Friday, August 23|
|Virtual Presenter||files must be sent by||Friday, August 23|
The first draft of the Schedule of Presenters and Agenda of Events will be posted after Friday, July 19, 2019.
- Hotel Accommodation
- Illness & Emergencies
- Meals & Receptions
- Presentations & Equipment
- Registration, Receipts & Certificates
- Scholarships & Funding
- Submissions, Review & Proceedings
- Visas & Invitation Letters
Hotel Accommodation [back to top of questions]
- Does the registration fee include hotel accommodation and meals?
No. Hotel accommodation, arranging reservations, meals and other travel matters are the responsibility of the participant.
- What other hotels are nearest to the Mitsui Garden Hotel?
The nearest hotels are the Crowne Plaza Hotel, the Heiwa-odori Toyoko Inn and the Oriental Hotel.
Illness & Emergencies [back to top of questions]
- What if I am suddenly unable to attend after registering?
Contact the Secretariat immediately and we may offer you the option of switching to virtual presentation mode.
- If I am unable to present, may my colleague present on my behalf?
Only if your colleague is a co-presenter and listed on the original submission.
Meals & Receptions [back to top of questions]
- Will there be a welcome reception?
Yes. There will be an optional ticketed welcome reception on the first day of the event. The ticket is 4,500 JPY per person.
- May I bring a friend or family member to the reception?
No, The reception is for registered participants only.
Presentations & Equipment [back to top of questions]
- How much time is given for oral presentations?
Oral presenters are allotted 20 to 25 minutes and arranged in parallel sessions of 3 to 5 presenters.
- What equipment is provided for oral presentations?
Computers, projectors, laser pointers and screens will be provided in each presentation room. Tech support is available.
- What equipment is provided for poster presentations?
Boards mounted on stands will be provided with tape. Posters should be A0 47 x 33 inches (118cm x 84cm).
Registration, Receipts and Certificates [back to top of questions]
- Does my registration payment include fees for co-authors also attending?
No. If your co-author will present with you, then he/she must register separately as a presenter.
- What does the registration fee include?
Entrance to all sessions, official program, name badge, lunch reception and access to the proceedings.
- Does the registration fee include fees for travel expenses, hotel expenses and meals?
No. Such expenses are your responsibility.
- What is the refund policy?
Requests must be submitted in writing by Friday, August 16, 2019. Penalties will apply. There will be no refund for participants who no-show.
- How can I receive a receipt for my registration payment?
Registrants will be confirmed via email and receive a hard copy receipt onsite.
- Will presenters and audience receive official certification of having attended and/or presented?
Yes. The official receipt that you receive at the event will also certify that you presented and attended.
- May family members and friends attend for free? No. Due to security, only registrants may attend. Also, no children are allowed.
Scholarships & Funding [back to top of questions]
Do you offer scholarships, funding or waivers to participants? Unfortunately, we are unable to offer scholarships or funding. This is a small event and the budget is very limited. We hope this situation will change in the future.
Can the registration fee be waived or reduced? The registration fee is necessary for covering the event costs (facility use, equipment, materials, breaks and staff, etc.), so the fee cannot be waived nor reduced; however, we do offer a virtual presenter option.
Submissions, Reviews & Proceedings [back to top of questions]
- Why must I provide my email address at my university to submit a proposal? The university registered email address is required for verification and security purposes. Submissions sent from Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail and other private email accounts will be rejected.
- How are abstract submissions reviewed?
This is an international, double-blind, peer-reviewed event.
- When will I be notified if my proposal has been rejected or accepted? Depending on the volume of submissions received, we try to send decisions within a month of receiving the submission.
- Is it required to submit a full paper?
No. If you would like to submit a paper, please review the Submission Guidelines.
- May I edit my proposal after submission?
Yes. Edits will be permitted up to 1 month prior to the event.
- When will the proceedings be available?
Shortly after the event in electronic format.
Visas & Invitation Letters [back to top of questions]
- How can I know if I need a visa for travel?
Contact the nearest Embassy or Consulate of Japan for details.
- What visa support is provided by the organizers?
There are two types of invitation letters: a PDF acceptance letter with an invitation to present, which the organizers provide free-of-charge to all accepted proposals; the second type is a formal invitation letter for travel, which requires additional fees due to the complexity of the application. Formal hard copy invitation letters mailed by express mail service are 10,000 JPY.
- What if my visa application is rejected?
All decisions by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs are final. We cannot and will not assist you if your travel application is rejected.
For all other questions and inquiries, please send an email to secretariat (at) intesda.org