Join us Saturday and Sunday, March 23-24, 2019 in Hiroshima, Japan at the Mitsui Garden Hotel for the International Conference on Advancing the Life Sciences and Public Health Awareness. With the theme of Access, Change and Education, it is hoped that this intersection of disciplines will help scientists and health professionals to stay at the leading edge of recent advances in life sciences and public healthcare.
The importance of public health is intertwined with the life sciences. Moreover, rapid economic development across Asia has brought about vast improvement in important areas, such as public health promotion, access to medicine, pediatric nursing, dental hygiene, food and nutrition science, agriculture and the environment. The World Health Organization has reported that the infant mortality rate and infectious disease rate among others, are decreasing while life expectancy across the board is increasing. However, this rosy and simplified view masks the sharp health care disparities underlying Asian nations as well as the diverse challenges they face. With the theme of Access, Change and Education, ALPHA 2019 aims to raise awareness of the correlation between the life sciences and public health issues.
ALPHA 2019 Streams
- Agriculture, Food Science and Nutrition Science
- Biotechnology and Biomedical Science
- Environmental Science
- Mental Health and Psychiatry
- Neglected Tropical Diseases
- Nursing Education and Practice
- Pharmacology, Pharmacy and Public Health
- Public Health, Community Health and Sexual Health
- Women’s Health and Maternal Child Health
- Other Areas (Please Specify)
We welcome proposals of 250 words in English by Friday, January 25, 2019. Click on the Link Below to Submit your Proposal Today!
- Abstracts must be less than 250 words in English and sent via the online system.
- Submissions should include a university or institution personal email address.
- The lingua franca of submissions, papers and presentations is English.
- Only authors listed on the submission may give the presentation.
- A maximum of (2) submissions is permitted per author.
- Abstracts derived from plagiarized or copyrighted research will be rejected.
- The review committee does not correct grammar, spelling or usage errors.
- We encourage work that introduces new ideas and conceptualizations, research and understandings to the field, as well as analysis of both success and failure.
All submissions are graded using a double blind, peer review process. The abstract is scored using a rubric that assessed areas such as originality, clarity/organization, spelling/grammar and suitability for the event.
Oral presenters are generally arranged in parallel sessions consisting of 2 to 5 or more presenters depending on the panel theme and length. Panelists are allotted 20 to 25 minutes of presentation time depending on the number of presenters. Computers, projectors and screens will be provided in each presentation room. Please note that the Program Committee assigns presenters to panels and time slots.
Posters must be size A0 (A Zero). Common dimensions for posters are A0 47 x 33 inches (118cm x 84cm). No audiovisual equipment is permitted for poster presentations. Poster boards mounted on stands will be provided with tape and pins.
In our effort to assist participants with accepted proposals who are unable to attend due to travel problems, a schedule conflict, illness, etc., we have a limited number of virtual panel time slots available. The virtual presentations are screened to the participants during the poster session or during recess periods.
Guidelines and instructions will be sent by the organizing committee on a case-by-case basis. Virtual presenters will receive a certificate of presentation in PDF only and will be listed in the proceedings as a virtual presenter. If you have a proposal that has been accepted, but are unable to attend, kindly contact the secretariat.
Organizing Your Own Panel
If you would like to organize your own panel of presenters, please contact the Secretariat. Panel requests must be received at least two weeks before the submission deadline. The panel should have at least 3 to 5 members (including the leader) and the names of all the panel members must appear in the abstract proposal.
Please note that only the abstracts undergo a peer-review and that full papers are not peer-reviewed. The Proceedings are not peer-reviewed, only the abstract review for participation in this event. The Proceedings will be available shortly after the conclusion on the event.
Full Papers & Template
Full Papers are not peer-reviewed. While full papers are not required, if you would like to submit a paper it must be less than 2500 words and sent in Word format (PDF is not accepted) with a maximum file size of 1.5 MB by the deadline. Correct spelling, grammar and punctuation is the responsibility of the author. Use of the Full Paper Template is absolutely required. Papers submitted differently will be rejected.